Performancing Metrics

Prodigious Enzyme Diet

Prodigious Enzyme Diet from the famous book by Hiromi Shinya, lays the foundation of ideal nutritional model, thought to live without getting sick, as can be read on the front of it. The general principles that underpin the diet are contained in Chapter 2 of the book, as a summary of the many keys of a scientific nature on which the Japanese surgeon based his theories.

The chapter that describes this diet of medical nature, that has nothing to do with dangerous weight loss diets, begins with the phrase “You are what you eat”. From there, everything is structured on a plea that Hiromi Shinya considered good eating practices and can convince or not those who are not doctors, and we have the ability to evaluate certain scientific studies. However, the book, which in recent months is giving a lot to talk about, is written in plain language that is understandable to anyone.

 Prodigious enzyme diet

Prodigious enzyme diet

These are, in short a lot, the basic rules of the Prodigious enzyme diet:

• Eat food high in enzymes. We follow the diet “with enough calories and a balanced level of vitamins, minerals, proteins and fats”, and not to be a correct nutritional model, if the diet is poor in enzymes. The thing is that enzymes disappear when food is heated “between 48 and 115°C”, which partly justifies the arguments of raw vegans. There is a list of foods rich in enzymes, to vary the ratio depending on growing conditions and food preservation in general. In The Prodigious enzyme, Shinya says literally that “the more fresh the vegetables, fruits, meat and fish are, the more enzymes they have”.

• Consume fish containing essential fatty acids, ie unsaturated fat which cannot be generated by the organism. The blue fish in general (sardines, mackerel, swordfish, salmon, etc.) is rich in unsaturated fatty acids.

• Do not eat margarine. For its high content of trans fats, margarine is defined in the book as “the worst fat” that exists for our body. We have repeatedly emphasized the need to avoid trans fats.

• Limit the consumption of animal protein. Ensures that no more than 15% of the calories you eat every day, come from meat, fish, eggs, or dairy products. The remaining 85% should come from vegetables and unrefined grains.

• Avoid drinking milk purchased at supermarkets, because once subjected to the pasteurization process, milk loses many of the “good elements” which it contains in its natural state, as “different types of enzymes, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and inflammatory system regulators.” Furthermore, the process of “homogenization” used to improve the appearance of the milk in brick packs causes the oxidation of fats thereof, resulting in hydrogenated fats, which are “bad for the organism.”

• If you eat red meat fish (tuna, bonito, etc.), do it only when they are fresh, as myoglobin (the protein that causes us to see this type of red meat) oxidizes very quickly when that is sectioned and exposed to air, becoming a kind of unhealthy meat.

• Eat fried foods only occasionally. “The goal is to eat fried only once a month.” Moreover, as explained in the book, it is advisable that when you eat fried food, it should be chewed and mixed with saliva properly to act as a neutralizer for trans fats that originate with oil heated.

• Chew food thoroughly before swallowing (40 to 70 times per mouthful), and you’ll be helping your intestines to better absorb what you eat. In this way, you will eat less, and you’re minimizing wear and energy consumption involved in the digestive process for the body.

These are the keys to the Prodigious Enzyme diet, which is more than a diet – a lifestyle that forces us to contradict some of the nutritional habits, cuisine and culture of our own culinary legacy of our mothers and grandmothers, with all that entails. It is a dietary model in which the eating is understood, not as a process in which the raw pleasure for pleasure above all else, but as a necessary process of nutrient supply to the body, which does not conflict with the need of enjoying the food.

Whether or not you agree with the ideas of Hiromi Shinya put forward loosely in this article, I think the enzyme prodigious diet sheds interesting findings on nutrition, which make it highly recommendable reading for everyone.

Speak Your Mind

*

Current month ye@r day *